Jump to Recipe
BBQ Pork Taquitos are a great use for leftover pulled pork! A tasty combination of cream cheese, Greek yogurt, BBQ sauce, pulled pork, and shredded cheese inside tortillas and baked. These taquitos are delicious served with an easy BBQ Ranch dipping sauce!
Last weekend we hosted a backyard BBQ for kindergarten parents at Lars’ school. It was a fundraiser for the school, and we hosted with another family, with a focus on smoked meats. We served smoked brisket and smoked pulled pork, and we were definitely left with a TON of leftovers afterwards. No complaints here! I decided to get creative with the leftover pulled pork, and ended up making a pulled pork chili and these BBQ Pulled Pork Taquitos!
These taquitos are such a delicious use for leftover pulled pork, but also an amazing recipe to make pulled pork. I have linked the recipe below that I use when we make pulled pork in the slow cooker, but we also smoke pork shoulders quite often. This is the recipe we use for that, typically serving it in tacos.
- Pulled Pork – this is a great use for leftover pulled pork! We like to smoke a pork shoulder or you can use this recipe for basic pulled pork in the slow cooker.
- Greek Yogurt – or sour cream will work, too. We alway shave Greek yogurt in our fridge, so that is what I use.
- Cream Cheese
- BBQ Sauce – there is BBQ sauce in the pork mixture and in the ranch BBQ dipping sauce.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Tortillas – you can use flour or corn tortillas to make taquitos. I like using flour because they are a little easier to work work (corn tortillas seem to break apart easier). You can also use whatever size you have on hand, but I like using the taco or fajita size.
- Ranch Dressing
How to Make BBQ Pulled Pork Taquitos
This recipe starts with pulled pork. Either use leftover pulled pork (like I did!) or make in the slow cooker. I think it’s easier to mix the pulled pork with the rest of the filling ingredients when the pork is warm, so I re-heated it in the microwave before adding it to the filling.
To make the filling, mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and BBQ sauce. It might be a little lumpy from the cream cheese but that’s no big deal. Then stir in the pulled pork and shredded cheese.
Place 2-3 tablespoons of the pork filling in the middle of each tortilla. Roll them up and then place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil, seam side down. Brush them with a little bit of olive oil and then bake them in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. They should be slightly golden and, as you can see, maybe a little more than golden on the edges. While they are baking, make the BBQ ranch dipping sauce by combining equal amounts of BBQ and ranch together.
Serve with the BBQ Ranch. Enjoy!
BBQ Pork Taquitos FAQ’s
- Can I freeze these? I think that would work! Simply freeze them after they are baked. To reheat, wrap them in a paper towel and microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Can other meat be used? Yes! Pulled chicken, leftover pot roast or brisket would all be delicious in these BBQ taquitos.
- Should I use corn or flour tortillas? I prefer using flour tortillas in this recipe, but corn tortillas would also work. Just make sure they are warmed up before rolling them. Otherwise, cold corn tortillas tend to break.
Like this recipe? Check these out, too!
Smoked Pork Tacos
Instant Pot Honey Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
Ancho Lime Pork Chops
- 2 cups pulled pork
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt sour cream also works
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 10-12 fajita or taco sized Flour or Corn Tortillas I prefer using flour but both work!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt/sour cream, and BBQ sauce.
Stir in the pork and shredded cheese.
Spread ~3 tablespoons of the filling in the middle of each tortilla and roll up into taquitos.
Place the taquitos seam side down onto a foil lined baking sheet.
Brush each taquito with olive oil and then bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Calories: 933kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 2591mg | Potassium: 354mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 965IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 532mg | Iron: 4mg